Each year, the VTQ camp presents the Cabaret du Vieux bogué, which consists of a variety show featuring the participants of the camp. Campers can choose to play an instrument, sing a song, recite a poem, dance, or present any other performance.
For this virtual edition, we decided to keep the tradition rollin! Indeed, this year again, you will be able to prepare a number, alone or with others, to show us your exceptional talents! The Cabaret du Vieux Bogué will be presented on Saturday evening, right before the teachers’ concert. Good news! You have more time than usual to practice because the deadline to send us your video is May 20!
Admission conditions and selection criterion
To participate at the Cabaret du Vieux Bogué you must:
- be registered for the camp,
- have had the attached consent form completed (For minor’s parents, don’t forget to sign the section regaring to 18 years old and under, at the bottom of the form).
- have submitted a 3 minutes video that meets the criterion:
- the participant must introduce himself/herslef/themselves and present the work performed at the beginning of the video.
- Use landscape (horizontal), not portrait (vertical) mode.
- Use your smartphone’s rear camera to film. Do not use your laptop camera.
- Lighting is very important! No back lighting, do not sit with a light source or window behind you. Sit IN FRONT of a light source or window, with the camera between you and the light source. The more light, the better.
- No handheld filming, use a tripod or prop the camera on something.
- Unless there’s a health concern, film indoors (for sound quality purposes).
- Files MUST be shared via Dropbox, Google Drive, or WeTransfer ONLY.
- the recording must be sent in .mp4 format
You have until May 20, 2021 at the latest to send us the consent form and the video of your performance to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org